Happiness is when you are able to add background music to your Instagram stories. Yes…you heard it right, Instagram has introduced a new feature where you can add licensed soundtracks to your Instagram stories. You can add a soundtrack to your story that fits any moment and encourages you to express how you’re feeling.
Instagram stories have 400 million daily users and it means Instagram stories growing rapidly than Snapchat whole app growth. While a few days ago Instagram launched IGTV for creators and hope this music feature will come to IGTV, if it’s come to IGTV it will help the lot to all IGTV creators.
Table of Contents
How to add background music to your Instagram Stories
Here are steps for how to add background music to your Instagram stories.
- Tap to add a sticker to a photo or video in Stories, you’ll presently see a music symbol.
- Tap on it to open a library of thousands of songs— you can search for a particular song, browse by mood, genre or what’s mainstream (popular) and tap the play button to hear a preview.
- When you’ve chosen your song, you can quickly forward and rewind through the track to pick the correct part that fits your story.
- Once you selected song post your story and that’s it. You added background music to your Instagram stories.
- At the point when your friends are viewing your story, they’ll hear the song playing as they’re seeing your photograph or video. They’ll additionally see a sticker demonstrating the song title and artist name.
Add background music before capturing a video for the story
You can also pick a song before catching a video.
- Open camera in the Instagram app.
- Swipe to the new “Music” option under the record button.
- Search for a song, select the exact part you want, and record a video as the song plays in the background.
Thus you can add background music before capturing a video for the Instagram story. While Instagram mentioned that they are adding new songs to music library every day. The “Music Sticker” option is available in 51 countries right now and Instagram will expand it later. While only iOS users can select a song before capturing video and it will come Android soon.