Apple launched its first-historically dual-SIM fit cell phones at the iPhone event held in September. The organization’s 2018 lineup comprises of the iPhone XS ₹ 99,900, iPhone XS Max ₹ 109,900, and iPhone XR ₹ 76,795. Every one of whom accompanies support for one physical SIM card and another eSIM. With the majority of the three models now in India. Private telecom players Airtel and Jio have declared dual-SIM support on their cell systems for the iPhone 2018 territory. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up Airtel eSIM on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR in India.
Table of Contents
How to Set Up Airtel eSIM on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR
- To begin the process, start by texting eSIM your registered email address to 121.
- If the email is active and valid, you will receive a response detailing the shift to eSIM from physical SIM.
- To confirm the eSIM change request. Users will be required to reply with “1” within 60 seconds of receiving the SMS message.
- In case of invalid email address, Airtel users can change their credentials by sending “EMAILUPDATE” to 121.
- Once the SMS confirmation is received by Airtel, another SMS will be sent to you that will inform you of an upcoming confirmation call.
- This call is important as Airtel will cancel the eSIM request if you do not provide confirmation on the call.
- Once that is done, yet another SMS will be received that details the confirmation. A QR code will be generated, and sent on your email address, after about 2 hours of this confirmation.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and click on Mobile Data.
- Click on Add Data Plan and scan the QR code received on your email address.
- After successful scanning, click on Add Data Plan once again.
- You can then rename the data plan label or simply proceed by clicking Continue.
- Choose the default line (primary/ secondary) for the iPhone and click on Done.
- The Airtel eSIM will be activated within 2 hours post successful QR code scanning, and this process will deactivate the physical SIM.
Note: The produced QR code is unique for one-time use on 1 device as it were. Furthermore, in the event that you don’t get the QR code email inside 1 hour or you prematurely end the scanning procedure halfway, send “NOSIM” to 121 to stay away from disconnection of your physical SIM. Amid the activation time, don’t delete the eSIM profile by choosing “Remove Data Plan” to keep away from any issues.
This procedure is more straightforward than the one on Jio’s system thinking of you as don’t have to visit a physical retail store to get your eSIM working, and can do it ideal from the comfort of your own home.