Meta (Facebook) is positively no special case, however a new announcement publicizes a couple of additional controls in the Accounts Center section of Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger that could give you more security. A few features aren’t privacy related, such as downloading photographs you’ve transferred to Facebook and Instagram or moving your Instagram photographs and videos to different services. Here we are talking about how to disable web tracking in your Instagram app.
One new setting, permits you to “manage how data different businesses send to us is associated with your Facebook and Instagram accounts.” You can see which organizations are as of now sharing information to Meta, clear all past data, and even prevent future action tracking from occurring.
Table of Contents
How to stop Instagram from tracking your web activity
1. Open your Instagram app and tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
2. From your Instagram profile, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner and select Settings and privacy at the top of the pop-up menu.
3. Select Accounts Center, which should be the first menu option on the screen.
4. Select Your information and permissions, and then Your activity off Meta technologies.
5. Once you’re here, you have a few options. You can tap Recent activity to see which apps have been sending information to Meta, Disconnect specific activity to stop certain apps from sending data, Clear previous activity to wipe all previously sent data to Instagram, and Manage future activity to stop businesses from sending data in the future.
In the event that you select Manage future activity, and pick Disconnect future activity, the application will clear your past activity also. The snippet under this choice peruses “We’ll separate data that organizations and associations send us about your communications with them.”
If you select Manage future activity, and then choose Disconnect future activity, the app will clear your previous activity as well. Certain individuals like this customized insight, however it’s a smart plan to reclaim your browsing privacy whenever you get the opportunity to.